Tuesday, September 1, 2009

California 2009

The last two and half weeks Matt, my mom, my grandpa, and I were in Palo Alto, CA for my clinical rotation at Lucille Packard Children's Hospital. (The second week my sister and Dad joined us). I spent two weeks working with the pediatric pain team (which included a full time golden retriever- an official pain and palliative care dog). It was an incredible clinical experience, and of course we managed to have fun on the down times as well!


Lucille Packard Children's Hospital
One of our favorite things to do in the evening was to walk to the outdoor Stanford Mall.
Of course we would always visit See's Candies for our free sample! Yum!

Stanford campus at night.

One of the best things about the trip was getting to spend time with our good friends Lailah and Ryan! They took us on the best sightseeing tours! On one of our trips we stopped off at a Maze, which were lost in for a good 30 minutes!
The Beach at Half Moon Bay!
Playing in the Ocean!

Racing the waves....

The first weekend we were there, Matt, my mom, my grandpa, and I went to San Francisco for the afternoon to visit Fisherman's Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge!
We were having a great time eating seafood and walking the streets of San Francisco.... until we got back to our car..... We soon found out that someone liked our car so much that they decided to break in and steal Matt's backpack...
Of course that didn't stop of from having fun!
Having a picnic at the park...
Watching the Black Swan at the Stanford Theater!
During the day, while I was working hard at the hospital, my mom, Matt, and grandpa would head to the beach to look for sea glass.....
Matt and I talked about how fun it would be to live out here, but we decided that this is probably the only house we could afford...

Eating dinner at haunted restaurant on the coast of Half Moon Bay...

Playing in tide pools at the beach in Monterey......


The second time we went to San Francisco Lailah and Ryan took us.... We had a blast visiting Union Square, Golden Gate Park, and Haight Ashbury...

Although it got a little chilly....
Another evening spent at the Stanford Theater watching William Holden in Picnic and Sunset Boulevard.....
Our last weekend was spent at Monterey playing in the ocean....




Melissa, Mom, and I on Cannery Row
Watching the sunset...


It was an awesome trip and we are so thankful to have this experience!

No comments: