Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Trip #1 to Spokane

For those of you who didn't know I am currently pursuing my degree as a family nurse practitioner at Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington. I am currently in my third semester and will hopefully graduate in May of 2010! It is a distance-learning program. Once we begin taking upper level courses we are required to visit campus twice a semester for testing and classes. This past weekend was my first required visit. Since it was fall break for Matt, he was able to come with me. It was very exciting to see the campus for the first time! I learned that Bing Crosby went to school here! You may be more familiar with Gonzaga's basketball team though. When researching schools, initially the only thing I knew about Gonzaga was from my March Madness bracket.
The campus was beautiful! All of the leaves were starting to turn colors! It reminded me how much I love fall!

We found this giant Radio Flyer slide at a park in downtown Spokane and of course we couldn't resist playing on it! I don't think the little kids appreciated it though....


On Saturday, we spent the day walking along the river in downtown Spokane! It is a beautiful city, especially since all of the trees had begun turning for the fall.
I have never been to Idaho before.... and since we were so close, Matt thought we should go visit! So we decided to visit Post Falls, Idaho, which is known for its famous RV outlet!









No comments: