Monday, December 1, 2008

A week of finals and Thanksgiving........

The first part of this past week was spent in Spokane taking finals. I am so thankful that the semester is almost over. Three down, three more to go......November in SpokaneThanksgiving is one of my most favorite holidays. This year Matt and I spent it with my family in Ponca City. Growing up, every Thanksgiving Day was started by running in the Pioneer Woman 10K. It was then followed with our big Thanksgiving dinner at the church building where my grandparents go to church. After stuffing ourselves we usually follow it up with a talent show or basketball game. In the evening the entire family heads out to my grandparents farm where we spend the rest of the evening eating more food watching sports or home videos. Of course I was always a firm believer in dressing up for the holidays.
The Pioneer Woman Run is no longer held on Thanksgiving morning, but that didn't stop Matt and I from taking a quick morning run around Lake Ponca. (don't worry, we didn't run into the Deer Woman) Thanksgiving dinner with the Stangelands
Matt and Bryan playing some basketball
Hanging out in the evening with the fam and celebrating Brianne's birthday.......

Melissa, Laura (my cousin), and I with our great-grandparents.....
Melissa, Laura, and I now.......


No comments: